Private chat is where you invite another user to chat with you. Like Public chat anything written in a private session is recorded and fully discoverable so be mindful of what you write.
A point of difference with Public chat is you do have to join an incident to use Private chat.
You can invite an individual or a number of users to chat. See How do I invite more people to a Private Chat?
To invite an individual to a Private chat, you will need to do the following:
1. Click on Click for Side Panel to open the far right pane
2. This will open the Active Users tab. This is a list of all of users currently logged into EM-COP.
You will see most users have a Chat icon against their name. YOU won't have an icon against your name and if you see other users without an icon go to Why can't I see a Chat icon against an active user? for more information.
3. Click on next to the user you want to invite to a Private chat.
4. This will open a window on your Map View and will pop an invitation message up on the other person's Map View.
5. Once they click Yes you see a message pop up in your Private chat window, and the person invited will see a slightly different message.
6. Enter your text into the bottom field or window then hit ENTER.
A message will appear in the chat window telling you someone has left the chat. You leave a Private chat by simply clicking the X in the top right corner of chat window.