There are a couple of reasons that you may not be able to see the polygon drawing tools.
You aren't using Google Chrome
To access the Public Publishing tools you have to use Google Chrome.
Check that you have the latest version of Google Chrome (upgrade if necessary). Clearing your browser history can also help if you are having issues using EM-COP.
You aren't in the Community Notification room
When you create or join an incident (and you have public publisher access) you are automatically placed into the Community Notification room for that incident. The polygon drawing tools are only available in the Community Notification room of an incident.
You can check to see if you are in the community notification room by looking at the top left bar. In the example above you can tell the user is in the community notification room because it appears in the bar and is highlighted blue. You can only see one room at a time. You can find out how to move between rooms here.
To enter the community notification room:
- Click on the rooms button drop down arrow and select the Community Notification room.
- You must be in an incident to access the Community Notification room. Rooms only exist in relation to an EM-COP incident. Community Notification rooms are created automatically when you create an incident.
You don't have public publisher access
Only public publishers can issue community notifications. You can check your access by:
- clicking on the drop down arrow next to your name.
- Choosing 'Account Information' from the drop down.
- In the 'User Account information' pop up box check that your role is Public Publisher.
If your access isn't correct you need to contact your agency representative and ask for your access to be updated.