The IFMP Portal has moved to the EM-COP Desktop. The new EM Planning Portal provides a home page and document storage for state, regional and municipal committees via a set of easy to use icons and document menu pages.
To access the new portal, log in to EM-COP and go to the EM-COP Desktop. If you don’t currently have an EM-COP login, go to https://cop.em.vic.gov.au and register. You can get more details on how to register here. If you have forgotten your password, please see here. You can see a general overview of EM-COP here.
EM Planning is located at the top of the EM Partners page. Please note that Chrome or Firefox are the recommended web browsers for EM-COP.
The layout is structured as a top level with collapsible sub-levels for State, Regions and Municipalities. Click the State Menu icon, Region icon or Municipal icon to open the associated sub-menu.
The screen shot below shows the State Menu, Barwon South West Regional Menu (BSW) and the Colac-Otway Menu all open.
The top level contains general information relevant to all sub-levels including Guides and Resources and the reporting framework.
The sub-levels for State, each region and each municipality provide icons for accessing the Home page, calendars, contacts and relevant documents as described below:
1. Home page
- contains information about EM Planning arrangements for the State, relevant region or municipality and includes a list view of the regional calendar.
2. Regional Calendar
- same calendar as on the EM-COP Desktop Operations page.
3. Operations Contacts
- same contacts as on the EM-COP Desktop Operations page.
4. Committee Governance
- contains Terms of Reference and associated governance documents for the committees and sub-committees.
5. Committee Documents
- contains agendas, minutes and associated meeting papers.
6. Management Plans
- contains emergency management plans produced by the committees.
7. Work Plan Reporting Documents
- contains reports on committee work plans.
8. Restricted Documents
- contains documents for restricted viewing (password required).
9. MERI Documents
- contains documents related to the Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Improvement framework.
- contains templates, tools and images including relevant icon images.
11. MEMEG and Collaboration Group Documents
- various icons for documents related to the Municipal Emergency Management Enhancement Groups (MEMEG), partnerships and other collaboration groups operating in the State or relevant region.
- provides access to manage documents and update menus (password required)
Files are stored in folders under each icon with a menu displayed containing tables of file links to the files stored in the folder. The folders are typically used to separate files for different committees. There is only one level of folders under each icon, meaning that there are no sub-folders within a folder.
For example, Committee Documents contains a folder for each committee by year. The folder stores the agendas, minutes, committee papers and any other related documents for a meeting. These can be stored as individual files or as a single ZIP file or consolidated PDF file. The menu displayed contains a table for each committee folder listing the files in the corresponding folder. There will generally be a Contents list at the top of the menu with links to the relevant tables.
Generally, when you click an icon, the corresponding page will be displayed as a new tab in the web browser. This allow you to have multiple pages open at the same time. Pages have a blue “close” icon to make it easier to close a page when no longer needed.
Pages can be searched for words or phrases using Ctrl-F or F3 on the keyboard. However, there is no global search.
Adding new files
You can only add new files via the Admin function. This requires a password. If you are not an Admin, please contact your EMV Regional EM Planning Support Officer for assistance.
Users must log in to EM-COP via an individual username and password. Once logged in, the information shown on the EM-COP Desktop is generally visible to all users. Access to the Admin at each level is restricted by a shared password. A password is also required to access Restricted documents.
All documents available in EM Planning are stored in the EM-COP Document Store. A user must have a valid EM-COP username and password to access a document. This is not directly linked to the initial EM-COP login, so users must enter their password again the first time they access a file in a session. A user can email a link to a file in the EM-COP Document Store but the recipient must have an EM-COP account to access it.