A one page version of this guide suitable for laminating is available as a PDF here.
Attention Agency Users:
CFA, DELWP, MFB, VICSES and other staff using agency PCs may have difficulty accessing their agency email and an EM-Webmail account simultaneously via a web browser. VICSES has reported this can also log you out of your agency identity (even in an incognito window) so you can't access business systems.
To log in to EM-Webmail in Office 365 follow the steps below.
- Go to the Operations page of the EM-COP Desktop and click the EM-Webmail icon.
Alternatively, go to https://files-em.em.vic.gov.au/public/EM-Webmail-O365.htm.
If you intend to save a direct favourite in your browser or a shortcut on your local device (bypassing EM-COP), please use the alternative address above so that you can continue to receive updates through the information page.
- Either of the above methods will take you to an information page. Please read this page carefully then click Continue.
Please Note: If you try to log in on the old CFA login page, you will see the message below:
In this instance you should go back to the Information page and click Office 365.
- The EM-Webmail Login Code generator will display in a pop-up window before taking you to Office 365 on the main browser window. If the generator pop-up does not appear, it may be blocked by your web browser.
If unsure, go back to the page on EM-COP and click the Login Code button (under the Office 365 button). There is also an EM-Webmail Login Code icon on the Operations page of the EM-COP Desktop.
It's a good idea to position the generator pop-up window on the left side of the screen and adjust the main browser window to fit the remaining space. That way, you can see both windows side by side.
- If you have previously logged in and have not yet logged out, the email window will display immediately. If you are stuck in your agency email, see here.
You may see either or both of the following screens:
in which case, select Work or school account then click the account if displayed or click
Use another account.
The Microsoft Sign in box should now appear.
- Go to the Login Generator window and if asked, use your EM-COP username and password to log in. Start typing in the full email address for the mailbox you want. The generator will search and present matching addresses as you type. Click the required email address when shown to complete the entry. The password and current login code will be shown above the email address.
- Click copy email in the generator and paste it on the Microsoft Sign in box, then click Next.
- Now copy and paste the password.
- Use copy and paste or type in the login code, then click Verify. Click "Don't ask again for 7 days" and you can log in again for the next 7 days without a code but only on the same device.
Please note: The code changes every 30 seconds. If you wait too long, you may need to click refresh on the Generator to get a new code. If you are having difficulty getting a valid code, try refreshing the code, wait for it to expire, refresh again then use that code immediately.
- You may see the screen below, depending on how you last logged in. You can tick "Don't show this again", then click Yes.
- The email window should now appear.
If you need to monitor multiple email accounts, please go here.