Attention Agency Users:
You may find yourself already in your agency or work email when you try to log in to EM-Webmail on a web browser, with no easy way to get to the Office 365 login screen.
This issue may affect CFA, DELWP, FRV, VICSES and other staff using agency PCs.
VICSES has also reported this can log you out of your agency identity (even in an incognito window) so you can't access business systems.
A simple solution is to use a different browser to access your agency email. We strongly recommend using Chrome for EM-COP and EM-Webmail. Any other available browser (eg. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer) can then be used for your agency email.
Alternatively, you can try using an incognito or private browser window. Details are here.
Another possible solution is to access via an iPad or iPhone or other mobile device using the Outlook app (see here).
If you are able to add the EM-Webmail account to your Outlook client, this is the best way to deal with this scenario. Details are here.
If you still need to use a web browser, follow the steps below:
- Sign out of your agency email - click the circle icon (containing your initials) in the top right corner of the web page and click Sign out. Wait for the sign out to complete.
- Click once in the address bar of the browser. This should highlight the full address.
- Now type outlook.office.com/mail and press Enter.
- If you are still logged into your agency email, then press Ctrl-Shift-N (in Chrome) to open an Incognito window or Ctrl-Shift-P (in Edge and Firefox) to open a Private window, then repeat
step 3 (more details are here).
The Office 365 login page should now be displayed. You may also see previous accounts you have logged in to. If so, click Use another account.
- Enter the EM-Webmail account you want to access and complete the login. The step-by-step guide is here.