This article describes how to add an EM-Webmail account to an older iPad provided to agencies by the former Office of the Fire Services Commissioner, in the case where you have no access to an alternative. These older iPad use the obsolete 30 pin wide connector. You will need to obtain a special 16 character app password from EM-COP Support to complete this procedure.
- Start by checking the software version on your iPad. Go to Settings > General > About
You should see (or be able to update to) version 9.3.5 but no higher.
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account and select Exchange.
- Enter the full email address of the EM-Webmail account and the special 16 character password supplied by EM-COP Support. Also add a Description, then tap Next.
- The details should verify then tap Save.
- The account will be added. Tap the screen to clear. You should now see the account in the list
- Go to the Mail app to see the mailbox.