This article will guide you through how to remove an old account from the Outlook 2010 desktop client on a PC at a Regional or Incident Control Centre. This applies to a PC on Windows 7.
Important: Ensure that Outlook 2010 is closed before starting.
- Click the Start button on the PC Desktop and select Control Panel from the right side of the menu. You may need to select View by: Small icons to see all the icons.
- The Mail Setup - Outlook popup will appear
Click the Email Accounts... button.
- The Account Settings window will appear, with the old account listed.
- Click the account in the list then click Remove. If the following message appears continue to the next step, otherwise, go to step 9.
Click OK to clear this message
- Click the Data Files tab in the Account Settings window
- The Create or Open Outlook Data File window will appear
- Use the default File name (or enter a name if blank) and click OK. The new data file will be listed.
- Go back to the E-mail tab, click the account and then click Remove.
- A confirmation message will display
- The account should now be gone from the Account Settings window
Click Close to close the window or New... to create a new account.