EM-COP uses your email address as your username to ensure unambiguous and accurate records of activity. This address should be an address that identifies you individually and the emergency management organisation you currently work for.
EM-COP registration is available to individuals undertaking legitimate roles in the emergency management sector. Please follow these guidelines to streamline your registration on EM-COP.
- Users should register a username which is their individual email address for their current organisation.
- CFA and VICSES volunteers should use their @members email address.
- Group or shared email addresses should not be used (see exceptions below).
- Generic email addresses - gmail, hotmail, bigpond etc - should not be used (see exceptions below).
- Users changing organisations should register a new account with their new organisational email address. Your previous account will then be deactivated.
- Please ensure you enter a note when you register that details your role(s) in emergency management and why you need access.
If you have a legitimate need to access EM-COP but cannot fulfill the above requirements, the following exceptions may apply to you.
- Users from an organisation that does not supply them with an individual email account but instead provide a generically named account. (eg. email@example.com)
- Users who work as contractors (eg aviation) who don't have an organisational email address
- Users who are volunteers (eg. MSAR) and who don't have a "parent" provided email address.
If you are unsure, please Submit a request for specific advice before you register.