Zoom has been tested and designed to work in modern updated web browsers with at least the following versions (or higher) installed:
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Chromium Edge 80 or higher
- Google Chrome 53.0.2785 or higher
- Safari 10.0.602.1.50 or higher
- Firefox 76 or higher
Note: Mobile web browsers are not supported by Zoom. e.g on Smartphones
Testing Ahead of Zoom Meetings
It is important to test your IT environment well before you attend the webinar online. This should be a few days before hand to give you time to resolve any issues.
Zoom provide a test meeting you can join to test out your web browser, audio and video. This is a good idea to test your audio and webcam (if you are presenting). You should be able to test a web browser version of Zoom, and/or the desktop app version if you can download and install software on your computer.
A troubleshooting section is provided in this module later designed to help you find relevant information online.
Comprehensive information with short videos explaining how to use the web-browser version of Zoom can be found at the following URL:
Video tutorials: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-video-tutorials
Zoom Help Resources
Useful online help resources that support the Zoom meeting/webinar software.
- Zoom FAQ - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- Zoom Web Client - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/214629443-Zoom-web-client
- Zoom Technical Support - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003
- Zoom Audio Help - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/200319096-Audio
- Zoom Video Help - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/200521865-Video
- Zoom Meetings Help - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201146643
Please sign in to leave a comment.