Process to select recipients for email notifications
Check distribution list that is relevant to the region you are issuing the community notification for. People on the distribution lists will receive an email of the notification. This field is mandatory.
Send SMS Notification
Underneath the recipient list is the option to 'Send SMS Notification as well as the email'. Selecting this option will send an SMS prompting people to check their emails. If you select this option it will send an SMS to contacts on the recipient lists (where we have their phone numbers). You can find information on sending an SMS to emergency broadcasters here.
Recipient / Distribution Lists
The distribution lists are based upon Victorian Emergency Management Boundaries. The regional distribution lists from VicSES OSOM and Fire OSOM have been merged.
- There is a CFA/DELWP mandatory distribution list that must be selected in addition to the regional distribution list(s) when you publish a warning from CFA/FFMVic/DELWP. The mandatory distribution list includes the statewide emergency broadcasters as well as key state-level operational roles.
- There is a VicSES mandatory distribution list - this list must be selected in addition to the regional distribution list(s) when you issue a warning on behalf of VicSES. The mandatory distribution list includes the statewide emergency broadcasters as well as key state-level operational roles.
- There are distribution lists for South Australia and New South Wales if you are issuing a Community Notification near the Victorian border.
In addition to the Victorian Government boundaries there is also a distribution list for MFB. The MFB distribution list has been included in the Northern and Western Metropolitan, Eastern Metropolitan and Southern Metropolitan distribution lists.
If you are not sure which regional distribution list is relevant you can turn on the Victorian Emergency Management Boundaries.
Turn on boundaries
- Select the Data button found on the top right hand bar.
- From the drop down choose >Boundaries
- Select the relevant boundary. Under Emergency Services you will find the Victorian Emergency Management Regions.
- With the boundary layers turned on you should be able to identify which distribution list to use.