One Source One Message (OSOM) is a redundancy for the fire agencies and SES over summer 2016/17.
The decision to use OSOM as a redundancy is made by the WADO, relevant agency State Duty Officer / State Agency Commander or EMV Duty Officer. OSOM will only be used as a redundancy if, due to technical issues, a warning can't be published using EM-COP.
If OSOM is used as a redundancy it will publish to:
- VicEmergency website
- VicEmergency app
- Send an email notification to distribution lists
- Will post to some social media accounts.
- The appearance of the warning on VicEmergency (app and website) won't be as tidy as the output from EM-COP.
- The warning won't publish to MFB social media channels.
- The templates available in OSOM are the old templates only and won't include some hazards/ sub-hazards.
You can find guidelines and help to use OSOM as a redundancy on the IMT Toolbox (go to OSOM – contingency).
The redundancy process using word templates is another option. The word templates for all warning templates are available on the IMT Toolbox.