There are two options for connecting to EM-Webmail on a mobile device.
If your device is older and doesn't allow you to download the Outlook App, including old iPads issued by the former Office of the Fire Services Commissioner, please see Using an Older Device.
Using the Microsoft Outlook App
You will need to download the latest Outlook 2016 app from the Apple iStore or Google Play Store. The app will guide you through connecting to the email account you want. You can also add multiple accounts, including for example, an agency Office 365 business account.
Once you have the app installed, follow the guide below:
- Open the app from the icon on your Home screen. If you have not yet added an account, the
Add Account screen will be displayed.
- Enter the email address, then tap Add Account.
- Enter the Password from the EM-Webmail Login Code generator. Tap Sign in.
- Enter a current login code from the EM-Webmail Login Code generator. Tap Verify.
- The mail account should now log in. You will then be asked if you want to add another account. If so, tap Let's do it, otherwise, tap Maybe Later.
- The app will now take you through the first time user screens. Tap Skip if you wish.
- The email inbox will now be displayed. You have completed the setup.
- To add more accounts later, tap the circle icon to the left of Inbox in the heading strip. The side menu will be displayed. This menu also allows you to view other folders in the mailbox and select other mailboxes if you have added other accounts.
- Click the + icon below the mailbox icon to open the Add Account screen.
Using your device's Email Client
The email clients in devices with recent software versions will support Office 365 email with login codes.
For Apple devices, go to Settings > Passwords and Accounts and select Add Account. Select Exchange as the account type. Your account will be verified then select Sign in. The setup will take you through the normal Office 365 sign in for your username, password and login code. Once you have completed the log in, the email account will be available on your Email client.
For Android devices, go to Accounts and backup > Accounts (or similar for your device) then select Add Account. Select Exchange as the account type. The setup will take you through the normal Office 365 sign in for your username, password and login code. Once you have completed the log in, the email account will be available on your Email client.
Using an Older Device
If you can't download the Outlook App and your email client doesn't support login codes, arrangements are available to connect the native mail app on an agency provided iPhone, iPad or Android device to an EM-Webmail account.
This is intended only for users who monitor EM-Webmail accounts as part of an agency duty roster or as part of their primary role duties and don't have an alternative supported device. iPads provided by the former Office of the Fire Services Commissioner fall into this category. Please note that EMV provides only best efforts support for these old iPads and encourages users of these devices to seek alternatives through their agency.
If you meet the above conditions, please Submit a ticket through EM-COP Support and provide your name, role and mailbox you want to connect to.