This article will guide you through how to connect the Outlook desktop client on a PC at the State Control Centre to an EM-Webmail account. This applies to PCs on Windows 10.
Information for RCC and ICC computers running Windows 7 can be found here.
General information for connecting an Outlook client can be found here.
Click the Outlook 2016 icon on the PC Desktop or select from Start menu.
- If no account is configured, the Welcome page will appear.
Otherwise, from the Outlook menu, click File, then click + Add Account from the main pane.
- The Add an Email Account screen will appear.
- In the Your Name field, type the name of the mailbox. In E-mail Address, type the name of the mailbox. eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Searching for your mail server settings... box will appear.
Followed a little later by the Enter password box.
Click Sign in with another account.
- The Sign in box will appear. Click the X icon to the right of the email address to clear it, then enter the EM-Webmail account you want to connect to.
- From the Login Code generator, enter or copy and paste the mailbox password.
Click Sign in.
- Enter the login code.
- The mailbox connection should then be completed.
- Outlook will then load and display the First things first screen.
Click Ask me later, then click Accept.
- The mailbox will then be displayed.
The mail setup is now complete.
Please Note: The login code you entered will last for 7 days. After that, you should be prompted to enter a new code. If the mail hasn't been accessed for a while and the most recent item is more than 7 days old, close the Outlook client and restart it. If a new code is required you will see a prompt to enter the password and current login code.