You can copy contacts from SCCINFO and from EMV Lotus Notes. These will be simple text (csv) files. You can easily edit in Microsoft Excel if you wish to clean up your contacts before you upload. You may also wish to remove duplicates between Google and Lotus Notes.
To export Lotus Notes contacts
- Open Contacts from the icon on left side vertical menu
- From the top bar File menu, select Export Contacts…
- Click the “All contacts in this view” radio button
- Click the “Only Basic Fields” radio button
- Click Change Directory… and select Desktop
- Enter a filename, say “EMV-Contacts”
- Set “Save as type” to “Comma Separated Values (csv)
- Click Export
To export Google Contacts
- Go to https://contacts.google.com. Sign in as required.
- Go to "More" then "Export" under the left side menu
- Select contacts to export and "Export as Outlook CSV" then click EXPORT
- The file csv will be saved to your Downloads folder.
If you want to edit your contacts you should use Microsoft Excel but note that you need to import as text files to ensure Excel doesn’t mess with your data. eg. to stop Excel removing leading zeros in your mobile numbers or changing your date/time formats.
To load the csv file – Google or Lotus Notes contacts – in Excel.
- Launch Excel from the Windows Start menu. This will open with a new blank sheet.
- Click the "Data" tab then click the "From Text" icon.
- Locate the Contacts CSV file you want import
- Click the "Delimited" radio button in the Text Import Wizard. Click Next
- Untick the all Delimiter boxes except "Comma" then click Next
- Scroll across the Data Preview window. For any column that has numbers or times/dates, click the column then click the "Text" radio button to select it. Repeat for any other columns.
- Click the Finish
- Click the OK button in the "Import Data" dialog box.
The Contact list should then load. Check that mobile numbers still have a leading zero and date/times are in the expected format.
You can now edit or delete your contacts. If you have multiple contact lists, remove any duplicate contacts in the other lists.
NOTE: Google Contacts contains a Title column. It is best to delete this column so Contact IDs in Office365 use first letter of First Name rather than first letter of Title (ie. mostly M)
To save the csv file in Excel.
- Click the Save icon or Save As. Enter a new filename and set the “Save as type” to “CSV (Comma delimited)”
To import to Office365
- Go to "Settings" then "People" under "Your app settings" at bottom of pop out window
- On left side menu, go to People -> Import contacts
- Browse to your CSV contacts file then click Upload