This article will guide you through how to connect the Outlook 2010 desktop client on a PC at a Regional or Incident Control Centre to an EM-Webmail account. This applies to a PC on Windows 7.
Note: You will need a special password issued by EM-COP Support (only required for Office 2010 clients).
Information for SCC computers running Windows 10 can be found here.
General information for connecting an Outlook client can be found here.
Important: Ensure that Outlook 2010 is closed before starting the configuration.
- Click the Start button on the PC Desktop and select Control Panel from the right side of the menu. You may need to select View by: Small icons to see all the icons.
- The Mail Setup - Outlook popup will appear
Click the Email Accounts... button.
- The Account Settings window will appear.
You should remove any old ICC account associated with the previous email system.
- The Auto Account Setup screen will appear.
- In the Your Name field, type the name of the mailbox. In E-mail Address, type the full email address of the name of the mailbox. Leave both Password fields blank.
- The Online search for your server settings... box will appear.
Followed a little later by the Windows Security login box.
- Enter the password, a special 16 character password issued by EM-COP Support. Ensure that you tick Remember my credentials.
- The mailbox connection should then be completed.
- The new account should now appear in the Account Settings screen.
Click Close to close Account Settings then close the Mail Settings - Outlook popup.
- Start Outlook. Outlook will perform the first time load of the mailbox.
then display the Inbox.
The mail setup is now complete.